Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sodam Experience: Pigging out over Korean food for only 299!

Hey fellas! Here's another blog for you, but this time it's not about travel, but about some munchies - and good munchies they are!


Is it Affordable? Indeed!
Is it Yummy? Good enough!
Is it Worth Trying? Absolutely! (well, that is if you like Korean food :p)

First thing, let us not talk about the exact names of the food, and I'm not Korean either, so let's do away with the usual descriptive terms I know. ;)

HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE TO PAY:

Surprisingly, pigging out starts at only 299 Philippine pesos! I know lots of a la carte meals are less than 299, but, face it, meals in fast food chains and small restaurants range from 60 pesos to even 300 pesos! So 299 pesos is a real steal considering you get to have lots of choices, and you can keep getting more!

For 299, you may have all the dishes they serve, as well as beef and pork slices which are also unlimited! However, if you prefer to ask for an unlimited serving of beef alone, the charge will then be 399 pesos.

For children below 4ft, they only charge 199.

WHAT TIME ARE THEY OPEN:

Lunch: 11:30-2:30pm
Dinner: 6-10pm
They are also open during weekends and even holidays.

WHERE IS IT LOCATED:

Along P. Guevarra St., Little Baguio, San Juan City
They occupy quite a small building, in fact, their parking area
in front could accommodate just 3 cars I think.
HOW'S THE AMBIANCE:

The place is simple and clean, nothing too fancy, it has basic chairs like these and some warm lights and korean embellishments on the walls. The place is small, and the airconditioning might burden you a bit when the place is crowded, 'cause it doesn't seem to cope up with the smoke and the heat, so that's one thing to consider. Also, I don't think it's recommendable to those couples looking for some formal dates because the seats and tables are close to each other, duh, y'know what I mean, haha, there couldn't be 'alone times' in this place. Anyway I still think the place is really nice, again considering the price you pay.



WHAT ARE THE DISHES OFFERED:

Here's the yummy part! Again, I don't know what the dishes are called, so please bear with me. ;)

They offer kimchi, potato balls, korean vegetable pancake, mussels, fish fillet, japchae, a station for bibimbap, soups, beef and pork slices to grill and more that I do not know what to call. :D

Here are the dishes that I personally loved:
This one is a combination of fried eggplant, other 
veggies, and crab stick, coated with egg, nyahaha,
I am not even sure what it's called, 

but this tastes great with the dipping sauce.
This, I think, is sort of chop suey (Chinese, I know) 
'cause it contains random vegetables. :D 
I liked it because it has kikiam, also my favorite. Haha
This is LOVE! My boyfriend wrapped some grilled
beef with the fresh lettuce,
added some dipping sauce in it, and it's perfect!
I would highly suggest that you do this!
Spread some of their red and yellow sauce
(again I don't know what that is! :D)
on the grilled beef strips. 

I also love love love this one!
This one is the vegetable pancake, well I call 
it pizza as well. This one is my favorite I am 
actually craving for it now. It has a tinge of 
seaweed flavor which I love, and it has 
a soft and chewy texture, 
but there's still a good bite. 
Perfect snack!
Take note that the dishes they offer everyday may vary, so I'm not sure which ones here are available by the time you visit, but then of course, that only means you have many other dishes to choose from. Also, they replenish their dishes depending on the customers at the time.

Some other dishes include:




Here are the beef and pork belly slices for 
grilling; remember, this is part of the buffet! 
Love!
You may grill it the way you like, but we 

personally liked them still tender, 'cause 
overcooking may cause 'em to be makunat :D

All in all, the dishes are great! With their wide array, for sure you'll have some you'll love! I guess it's all about experimenting with their dipping sauces available as well, unfortunately I'm bad at that, good thing I have my boyfriend with me to do it for me, (and it's his treat! <3). ;)



OTHER INFORMATION YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW:

The 299 or 399 doesn't include beverages.
Water isn't considered as a beverage, ayt? Hehe ;)
Water is for free, of course. :D

Obviously because they offer drinks
and ice cream for sale, that's why. :D
Aaand, the place is wifi ready for an
instagram post right away! ;)

I believe Waze can show you the way. :D 

For other questions or reservation, feel free to inquire:
(02) 654-6428
0905-3934190

WOULD I RECOMMEND:

Definitely! Absolutely! Totally! Lylyly!


So that concludes our mouth watering blog today. Feel free to tag me in your photos and blogs about Sodam, ayt?! Thanks for reading! Until next chika. ;)

Liked this post? Don't forget to add me, follow me, or subscribe for more! I would love that! Cheers!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Artista na si FX mama, hehe infairness ang ganda tlga ng kuha ng camera mo...hehehe balik tau dito kpag gutom na tau ulit, hehehe

Unknown said...

Hahaha! Oo nga, ang layo na ng narating ng fx! Hahaha.. :D